January 2017 Chapter Meeting
ASSE Meeting Minutes
January 16, 2017
DPR Construction, North Mopac
Meeting Introduction: Steven Jablon
Speaker Introduction: Pat Walsh
Del Womack, Batavia Services, Inc.:
Presentation: Ladder Safety Awareness
Nation-wide maintenance and repair for ladders.
Over 510,000+ people are injured each year involving ladder accidents and 300 associated deaths; a fall from 11’ or higher results in death 50% of the time.
Discussion focused on how ladders become damaged.
- 4 Factors that contribute to wear, damage and defects:
- Misuse, Ladder Racks, Normal Wear & Tear, Environment
- Ladder parts were passed around the meeting for a hands-on look at what contributes to ladder failure.
A video was shown to demonstrate how ladders are prepared, fixed, inspected and repaired.
Questions were opened up to the floor:
2500 Bayport Blvd.
Seabrook, TX 77586
Toll Free: 800-231-6374
Chapter Business/Updates: Steven Jablon
- The Fleet Safety Symposium from Thursday was discussed.
- A review of the speakers and content was given by chapter members.
- A final financial summary will come out this week reviewing the Symposium.
- Upcoming leadership roles for the Central Texas Chapter should now be considered.
ASSE Construction Specialty Meeting
White Construction Company, 2705 Bee Cave Rd #250, Austin, TX 78746
June 18-23rd, 2017
Denver, Co. – Registration is now open.
Region III PDC
September 11-13, 2017
Hurst, TX @ Hurst Conference Center
Deadline extended to 02/03/17 for speaker volunteers